Currumbin Creek Channel Maintenance Dredging and Beach Nourishment
Overview of Project
The Gold Coast City Council has once again engaged Neumann Contractors to undertake the dredging of Currumbin Creek. These works are part of a 4-6 year contract with the Gold Coast City Council for dredging and beach nourishment works at Tallebudgera and Currumbin Creek.
Neumann Contractors have undertaken the dredging works in Currumbin Creek for many years now. The works are an integral part of the Gold Coast City Council’s program to maintain and replenish the sand on Gold Coast beaches. This year the dredging team dredged over 33,000 m3 of clean sand from the Currumbin Creek to replenish the sand on Palm Beach. The sand is pumped overland and released on Palm Beach.
To complete the works we used the Nu Enterprise, a 300mm Cutter Suction Dredge, a land-based booster pump and up to 1.2km of pipeline.
Scope of Works
- Mobilisation to site at Currumbin Creek the Nu Enterprise, a 300mm cutter suction dredge, 1 booster pump, 1.2 km 250mm poly pipeline.
- Dredging of 33,000m3 of sand from Currumbin Creek.
- Pumping the sand through 1.2km of pipeline to Palm Beach.
- Beach nourishment works along approximately 250m stretch of Palm Beach.
- Strict environmental limitations on noise and turbidity.
- Maintaining suitable access for the public at all times and working on very busy beaches which must have public access open at all time.