Capital Works dredging at the Port Botany Container Terminal Expansion
Overview of Project
Port Botany Container Terminal Expansion was a major infrastructure project for the Sydney Port Corporation on the North Eastern end of Botany Bay, South Sydney N.S.W. The project was for the expansion of the existing container port terminal and involved capital dredging and land reclamation. Neumann Dredging employed their 450mm dredge NuBounty and 250mm dredge Nu Enterprise.
Scope of Works
- Mobilisation to site 1 x 450mmdredge, 1 x 250mm dredge, 1 x spreader barge, booster station, 800m of 450mm pipe,450m of 250mm pipe and support vessels
- Dredging of 2,100,000 cubic meters of sand for land based reclamation
- Dredging of batters around the boundaries of the project
- 250mm dredge Nu Enterprise dredged shallower areas within the Penrhyn estuary.
- Critical dredging tolerances
- Tight project delivery timeframes
- Extreme and sudden changes in water and weather conditions
- Interfacing with other project construction activities.
The Port Botany Container Terminal Expansion has now made the Port largest container port in New South Wales and Australia’s largest common user bulk liquids facility, Port Botany operates 24/7 to import goods to support the people and businesses of New South Wales and to export goods to international customers.