Maroochy Boulevard Interchange Project
Overview of Project
The project was managed by Maroochy Shire Council as a joint funding partnership between Maroochy Shire Council and the QLD Department of Main Roads.
The works involved the construction of 2 bridges, (1 crossing live traffic), flexible pavement on and off ramps, stormwater drainage including RCP and RCBC drainage adjacent to live traffic and a wetland area.
The location provided soft ground conditions where rock platforms were required to provide solid foundations on a large proportion of the site.
Bridgework construction was undertaken in stages to avoid working above live traffic. Part of this construction staging involved the construction of a temporary side track in a confined area adjacent to live traffic on the Sunshine Motorway.
Scope of Works
- Prestressed and cast in-situ piles,
- Reinforced concrete piers and headstocks,
- Pre-stressed concrete T-Girder substructure,
- Reinforced earth retaining wall abutments,
- Abutment protection and rock pitching,
- Removal of existing bridge abutment adjacent to live traffic.
- Removal of existing pavement,
- Unbound and plant mixed stabilised pavement,
- W-Beam and steel wire rope barriers,
- Traffic signals,
- Signs, line marking, fencing and street lighting,
- Dense and open graded asphalt pavements.
- Clearing and grubbing as well as topsoil stripping,
- Bulk excavation and embankment construction,
- Treatment of Acid Sulphate Soils,
- Removal of extensive unsuitable material and construction of rock fill working platform.
- Drainage structures including extension of RCP and RCBC drainage structures under existing motorway,
- Removal and plugging of redundant pipework,
- Construction of wire mattresses,
- Landscaping including hydromulching and turf.