Currumbin Creek Dredging & Palm Beach Nourishment – 2016
Neumann Contractors have completed dredging of Currumbin Creek for 2016 for the Gold Coast City Council. The works are part of a 4-6 year contract with the Gold Coast City Council for dredging and beach nourishment works at both Tallebudgera and Currumbin Creek.
Neumann Contractors have undertaken the dredging works in Currumbin Creek for many years now, and the works are an integral part of the Gold Coast City Council’s program to maintain and replenish the sand on Gold Coast beaches. This year over 30,000 m3 of clean sand was dredged from the Currumbin Creek to replenish the sand on Palm Beach. The sand is pumped overland and released on Palm Beach.
The Nu Enterprise, a 300mm Cutter Suction Dredge, a land based booster pump and up to 1.2km of pipeline were used to complete the works.
The Nu Enterprise, a 250mm Cutter Suction Dredge
Scope of Work
- Mobilisation to site at Currumbin Creek the Nu Enterprise, a 300mm cutter suction dredge, 1 booster pump, 1.2 km 250mm poly pipeline.
- Dredging of 30,000m3 of sand from Currumbin Creek.
- Pumping the sand through 1.2km of pipeline to Palm Beach.
- Beach nourishment works along approximately 250m stretch of Palm Beach.
- Strict environmental limitations on noise and turbidity.
- Maintaining suitable access for the public at all times and working on very busy beaches which must have public access open at all time.