Dredging and Reclamation Works Progressing Well
Neumann Dredging was awarded the dredging and reclamation works for the Gold City Council’s Broadwater Parklands Stage 3 in early January. Works are well under way are progressing well. The Dredging and Reclamation works are expected to be completed soon.
The dredging works includes the maintenance dredging of almost 100,000m3 from the Labrador Channel, Ray Newlyn, Channel, Howards Access Channel, Loders Channel and basin area works.
The reclamation works involves the placement of almost 100,000m3 of sand to reclaim almost 3ha of land to be used in the Broadwater Parklands Stage 3 area.
The Broadwater Parklands Stage 3 is a continuation the master plan vision for the Broadwater Parklands, with the reclamation of additional land to the north of Gold Coast Aquatic Centre at Southport.
The project is the result of a partnership between City of Gold Coast (the City) and the Gold Coast Waterways Authority and will provide:
- up to three hectares of reclaimed land for community parklands and events space
- shared facilities for the Southport Amateur Fishing Club and community use
- new regional four lane boat ramp facility with car and trailer parking
- new jobs and stimulus to the Gold Coast construction industry
- dredging of navigation channels within the Broadwater.