Annual Dredging and Beach Nourishment Works Completed for 2016
Neumann Contractors have completed the dredging works in Tallebudgera Creek for 2016. This year over 30,000 m3 of clean sand was dredged from the Tallebudgera Creek to replenish the sand on Burleigh Beach. The sand is pumped overland and released in the southern end of Burleigh Beach, near the Burleigh Beach Pavilion and spread up to 350m northwards.
Neumann Contractors have undertaken the dredging works in Tallebudgera Creek for many years now, and the works are an integral part of the Gold Coast City Council’s program to maintain and replenish the sand on Gold Coast beaches.
The Nu Enterprise, a 250mm Cutter Suction Dredge, a land based booster pump and up to 1.8km of pipeline were used to complete the works.
Scope of Work
- Mobilisation to site at Tallebudgera Creek the The Nu Enterprise, a 250mm cutter suction dredge, 1 booster pump, 1.8 km`s 250mm poly pipeline. The pipeline is mobilised around the Gold Coast highway on Burleigh Hill.
- Dredging of over 30,000m3 of sand from Tallebudgera Creek.
- Pumping the sand through 1.8km of pipeline to Burleigh Beach.
- Beach nourishment works along approximately 250m stretch of Burleigh Beach.
- Strict environmental limitations on noise and turbidity.
- Maintaining suitable access for the public at all times and working on very busy beaches which must have public access open at all time.
- Mobilising and demobilising the dredge pipeline on the main road 4 lane highway at Burleigh Hill.
The Nu Enterprise will now be towed to Currumbin Creek and commence dredging after the September School Holidays.
- Find out more about Neumann Contractors – Dredging
- Find out more about other completed Neumann Contractors Dredging Projects
- Find out more about Neumann Contractors Dredges
- Link to Gold Coast City Council Fact Sheet on Tallebudgera Creek Dredging